VETERAN’S NEWS From the Internet
Gathered by Bob Kinsler, SSG (ret), US Army, DAV, VFW Dept. of Oklahoma, Publicity Team Member
VA testing mobile app to allow Veterans to schedule their own health care appointments
VA recently implemented a mobile Veterans appointment request application at 99 sites across the country to further modernize its systems and give Veterans more scheduling choices.
“VA is making critical improvements to Veteran health care, and will always look to leverage innovative tools that will put more capabilities in the hands of Veterans,” said VA Secretary Dr. David J. Shulkin. “Self-scheduling apps are widely used in the private sector and will help create a better experience for Veterans and their medical-care providers.”
Last month, VA awarded a contract to Document Storage Systems to provide an off-the-shelf online patient self-scheduling system to help improve access to care for Veterans. The app is the focus of an 18-month pilot program, under which Veterans can use a cell phone, tablet, computer or mobile device to schedule and confirm primary care, specialty care and mental health appointments.
VA’s mobile Veterans Appointment Request app also provides most of the key capabilities required by the Faster Care for Veterans Act of 2016, and is modeled after successful mobile applications used for patient scheduling. VA intends to continue development and incorporate new capabilities into the app.
Available at select locations, VAR makes it possible for Veterans to self-schedule primary care appointments and request assistance in booking both primary care and mental health appointments at the VA facilities where they receive care. In addition to scheduling appointments, Veterans can use VAR to track appointment details and the status of requests, send messages about requested appointments, receive notifications and cancel appointments.
- Self-schedule primary care appointments
- Request dates and times for primary care and mental health appointments
- See details for all pending, confirmed and upcoming appointments (both those requested through the app or through a VA scheduler), including date, time, clinic, care team and reason for visit
- Send up to two messages to a VA scheduler about requested and booked appointments
- Get email notifications about appointment updates
- Cancel an appointment if you are unable to make it to that appointment
Currently the Veteran Appointment Request (VAR) App is available to Veterans at select locations, as follows:
- Jack C. Montgomery VA Medical Center (Muskogee, OK)