VETERAN’S NEWS From the Internet
Gathered by Bob Kinsler, SSG (ret), US Army, DAV, VFW Dept. of Oklahoma, PRO/Editor
Scholarship America has worked with Wells Fargo, who committed $1 million over the next four years, to establish a scholarship program for people with disabilities. Applications for the new program have just launched and we want to make sure this information gets to the right people.
The Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities is designed to help people with disabilities obtain the education or training necessary to succeed in the career path of their choice.
To apply, applicants must:
· Have an identified disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more major life activity).
· Be high school seniors or graduates who are planning to enroll (or who are already enrolled) in full- or half-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States for the 2017-2018 academic year.
· Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.
The deadline to apply is January 17, 2017 or until 700 applications are submitted, whichever comes first.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $2,500 award for full-time study or a $1,250 award for half-time study. Full-time student awards may be renewed for up to three (3) additional years and half-time student awards may be renewed for up to seven (7) years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance (maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent).
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
- Start by clicking Register to Apply at the bottom of this page. You must read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email. Email messages will be sent to the username and email address registered when you created your account. Be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts or address book and check your email regularly!
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used.
- During the application process, you may leave the site prior to submission by clicking Save and Log out.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, Lock and Submit will be available near the bottom of the Review Application page.
- Carefully review your application before clicking Lock and Submit. Once submitted, you will no longer have access to your application.
- It is recommended that you keep a copy of your application for your records.
- You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submitted application
10 Great Careers You Can Have with a Liberal Arts Degree:
-Public Relations Director, Annual salary: $88,169-$161,449
-Archaeologist, Annual salary: $29,965-$71,266
-Senior Copywriter, Annual salary: $56,992-$95,357
-Sales Director, Annual salary: $111,721-$207,227
-Economist, Annual salary: $80,978-$174,300
-Sociologist, Annual salary: $43,280-$129,760
-Real Estate Broker, Annual salary: $29,333-$147,741
-Psychologist, Annual salary: $69,953-$111,703
-Executive Assistant, Annual salary: $47,717-$75,320
-Actor, Annual salary: $20,040-$209,525…and way beyond!
Interested in serving in the Trump Administration? Apply at https://apply.ptt.gov/
I know with this writing I will hear from the people who really do not like my reporting issues, so be it. There is a little retail store in Antlers, OK that will be closing this week managed by a woman veteran who sold products made in the US to very unhappy people who did not like the prices within the store but never knew that products made within the US are more expensive than those imported here from other countries who might not have the same feeling of the use of the products.
In fact, many of the products imported have been found to harm those love ones we, in the US, happen to love to keep around us. Those are responsible for keeping US Veterans with PTSD and TBI balanced. Keep the farms and ranches safe from predators (both four legged and two legged) and warm the human bodies when the temps get cold.
So now, those who need to find food for their four-legged love ones, or those animals that need certain food stuff not found in feed stores will have to travel 20 plus miles to get the products. Or pay for shipment of the food stuff and pay a USE tax to Oklahoma for the on-line purchases. Of course, I doubt you can obtain live food stuff to feed certain pets via on-line purchases.
I hope you all have a Great New Year, 2017 will be continuing with one less retail store who supplied your Pets with US made Products at a lower price than found at those Larger Pet Stores with in the area. And more expensive when you figure in your travel expenses and hours you will be taking to travel to get those supplies (if you can find them).