The Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs is taking a survey. Below is the basic information from there web site. The survey it self is located at ODVA Survey page
THE OKLAHOMA VETERANS PILOT PROGRAM
An initiative created to identify health care needs and a delivery system to assist and support the mission of agencies providing services to Oklahoma veterans.
Data Collection and Analysis:
– A 6-month data collection period.
– A 3-month period of interviews with concerned Oklahoman’s, potential private and public sector entities, and veterans service organizations.
– A detailed 6-week statewide veteran’s survey.
– A 3-month period of analysis and development of recommendations.
Create a national model of service to veteran’s through:
The collection and analysis of data.
- The development of strong private and public service entities.
- Offering recommendations to the state legislative and executive branches of government on processes, programs, and budgetary/funding methods.
Respect, Integrity, Service and a Passion for Care
To assist in creating a Veterans-centered system of accessible healthcare that meets all levels of need to those who served with Honor.
To identify gaps in service through the analysis of data collected.
- To make recommendations on improving timely access to healthcare services.
- To make recommendations on creating a system of transitional care for all Oklahoma Veterans and their dependents.
- To make recommendations for coordinating medical and behavioral healthcare needs.
- To develop a communication and educational process accessible to all Oklahoma Veterans and their dependents.
State Organizational Leadership Structure
Honorary Chairperson: Rita Aragon, MG (Ret)
Special Advisor: Honorable George Nigh, Governor of Oklahoma (1979-1986)
Force 50 Brigade
A team of 50 recognized business and financial leaders, sports figures and entertainers supporting Oklahoma veterans through public awareness activities and promotional outreach events.
- Victor Company (Oklahoma State Veterans Leadership Team)
- American Legion
- American Ex-POWs
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Marine Corps League
- Military Officers Assn. Of America
- Nat’l Assn. of Black Veterans
- Oklahoma Womens’ Veterans Organization
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Mid-America Chapter
- Rolling Thunder Oklahoma Chapter 1
- Special Forces Oklahoma Chapter 32-50
- S. Sub. Veterans, Inc., USS OKC Base
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Viet Nam Veterans of America
- County Chair Leadership Team
Co-Chairperson: Myles Deering, MG (Ret), Executive Director, Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs
Co-Chairperson: Mark Kinders, Ed. D, Vice-President of Public Affairs, University of Central Oklahoma
Vice-Chairperson: Karen Vahlberg, RN, BSN, CEO, LifeSpring Home Care
Program Coordinator: Pete Reed, Manager, Veterans Program, LifeSpring Home Care and Former Executive Director, Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs (1983-1986)
Task Force Chairperson: Mark Morgan, MHA, Director – VA Medical Center Muskogee
Steering Committee Government Task Force
Business Task Force Veterans Task Force
Joint Task Force Media Management Team
and Grant Management Team Non-Profit/Spiritual Management Team
Legislative Management Team Legal Management Team